Welcome to Canvas
The “Welcome to Canvas” course within Canvas includes a library of training videos and tutorials. Gain access to the course when you request a Demo Course. Demo courses allow you to explore Canvas and try out system features.
Canvas Videos for Faculty
- Canvas Overview for Instructors (7 minutes)
- First Look (31 minutes)
- Course Basics (55 minutes)
- How to Set Up a Basic Canvas Course in 15 Minutes (17 minutes)
Canvas Guides for Faculty
Videos of WashU Canvas Demonstrations
Watch one of the following videos of a live Canvas demo. In each video, our instructional support specialists present a general overview of Canvas and answer questions from WashU faculty and staff. Demos were held in October 2018 on the Danforth Campus.
- Oct. 9, 2018 Demo: Danforth Campus, Knight Hall, Emerson Auditorium
- Oct. 10, 2018 Demo: Danforth Campus, Hillman Hall, Clark-Fox Forum
Note: Recording started before the presentation began. If the video doesn’t start with the presenter at the podium, advance to the 17:00 minute mark.